MAKE LIFE EASY FOR YOUR USERS – BUILD A PRODUCTIVITY PLATFORM
The Third Sector Declaration on Climate Change asks all Third Sector organisations to act now on climate change. It recognises that climate change is not only about the environment. It can have positive and negative impacts on our ability to support a prosperous and fair society.
The Declaration is run by The Community Development Foundation, Bassac and Capacity Global – three of the top leading voluntary sector organisations with a UK-wide reach. We just launched a new online platform for them called JustAct! Read more...
JustAct! is a productivity platform for the third sector, and solves the problems that Mark, Eleanor, Joan and Maria came to us with:
1. SUSTAINABILITY: The CEO of an organisation would sign up but be too busy to keep momentum. How could we make signing the Declaration a sustainable commitment within an organisation?
2. MOTIVATION & PURPOSE: Its easy to sign an online form saying you’re committed to the Declaration, but how could PAGmotivate people to take real ownership and actually complete real actions?
3. IMPACT & ACTIVITY: Showing real impact is the hardest nut to crack – how could we show all the signatories of the Declaration that their commitment was part of something that was making a difference?
4. PAG PRODUCTIVITY: PAG Group felt they had an overwhelming workload in recruiting, communicating activity, reminding, policing, supporting the signatories and marketing to potential members.
What we did for the PAG group is designed something they hadn’t thought of – to go beyond a simple Declaration website to build a productivity platform for the community of the Declaration that had actually taking action at it’s heart.
JustAct! is a social network that supports Third Sector organisations to help each other create, implement and review their action plan on climate change. Organisations sign up with a colleague for support. They create an action plan and immediately see who else shares the same actions. They can share resources and ‘how to’ guides to make it easier for everyone to do their actions.
1. SUSTAINABILITY: When CEO’s sign up – they buddy up with another member of their organisation to keep motivation and share responsibility.
2. MOTIVATION & PURPOSE: We built a simple reputation system around ‘how to’s’. When users tick a action completed they are invited to write a simple ‘how to’ based on their experiences.
3. IMPACT & ACTIVITY: Making peer organisation’s activity easily visible to each other encourages engagement and belief in the momentum of the campaign.
4. PAG PRODUCTIVITY: The site reminds, virally recruits, communicates activity, self polices and enables everyone on the site to co-create a support network and a mutually beneficial library of supporting web resources.